The 40th Anniversary Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Fundraising Dinner on August 3rd promises to be an evening of celebrations as ten new members join the CHHRF, including Mark Casse, Dr. Michael Colterjohn, Daryl Wells, Dahlia, Wise Dan representing thoroughbreds. Standarbred inductees include John Ferguson, Yves, Filion, Bruce Johnston, San Pail and Odies Fame.
Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, co-hosting duties for the evening will be shared by Jim Bannon, CHRHF member and Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred Racing Analyst, along with Greg Blanchard, Raceway Manager at the Raceway at Western Fair and former racing television commentator. Tickets inlcude a cocktail reception, a fantastic auction lineup, a four course gourmet dinner and the Induction Ceremony.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame acknowledges the generous sponsorship support of this year’s event: Event Sponsor – Ontario Horse Racing & OLG; Reception and Wine Sponsor – COSA; Guest Photography Sponsor – Ontario Standardbred Alliance Tracks and Woodbine Entertainment Group for producing the video tributes to each of the 2016 inductees as well as Brooks Performance Horse Feeds sponsor of a special award of honour being presented to Norm Picov of Ajax Downs.
The evening’s agenda will also pay tribute to the history of the CHRHF and the first class of inductees in 1976, as well as 2016 Legend honourees Exterminator and Woodlawn Drummond . We will look back at two significant anniversaries – the 25th Anniversary of Precious Bunny’s amazing 3 year old racing season and the 50th Anniversary of Victorian Era being named Canada’s Horse of the Year.
The CHRHF Auction Chair is putting the final touches on an impressive list of unique live and silent auction items provided by generous donors and supporters. All proceeds from the auction will go directly toward helping the Hall of Fame recognize the achievements of those that have built and established the roots of horse racing in Canada.
- A four-course dinner for 4 prepared in the winning bidder’s home by John and Stefan Caterers and served by Hall of Famers Bill O’Donnell and Sandy Hawley. This once in a lifetime package also includes a case of wine provided by Penaflor of Argentina.
- Breeding season to Sligo Bay, donated by Adena Springs
- Box seats for 5 people at Saratoga Race Track (August 25 or 26) donated by Woodford Racing. This package also include passes to visit the National Museum and Hall of Fame in Saratoga, NY
- Breeding season to Old Forester, donated by Dermot Carty Equine Consultants and Bloodstock Agent
- Play a round of Golf with Canadian and US Hall of Famer John Campbell
- Take In The Amazing Views during a one hour sightseeing helicopter ride for you and two guests, donated and piloted by Marv Chantler
- Starting gate experience packages at Woodbine and Mohawk, including dinner in the dining room.
- A pair of tickets to attend the Royal Horse Show, complete with an invitation to a pre-horse show VIP reception and the opportunity to walk a jumping course with the riders.
- Polo lessons for 4 folllowed by Dinner at Hogans Inn. Generously Donated by Brian O’Leary, Polo Management
- Toronto Raptors Tickets, donated by
- Breeding season to Frac Daddy, donated by Park Stud
- Dinner for Four at the Meadowlands
- $500.00 gift certificate for any of the Vintage Inn properties, provided by Vetoquinol
- Dinner for six in the VIP tent for the “Champions CSI Series” at Angelstone on August 20, 2016.
Other items include fashion, racing memorabilia, art, one of a kind experiences, as well as gift baskets and gift certificates with something of interest for everyone. The list of auction items and donor names is being updated as new items are added and can be viewed at: www.canadianhorseracinghalloffame.media-doc.ca.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are available for $175 per person and a $50 tax receipt will be provided or $1,700 for a table sponsorship which includes 8 tickets and a $300.00 donation and a $700.00 tax receipt can be purchased by visiting the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame online store at http://shop.horseracinghalloffame.media-doc.ca/ or by contacting Linda Rainey 416-417-9404 or email@example.com